We are delighted to introduce you to our new Safety Officer (Dan Obenauf).
We are pleased to announce that Dan has accepted the position as "SAGE Safety Officer"
We want to extend our sincere thanks to Pete Kate, who has held this position and watched over us.
If someone is at SAGE and has a problem, how do you or we direct the 911 operator to send help.
SAGE'S SAFETY RULES
1. No more than four powered planes in the air at a time flying from the West Runway. This does not include gliders and powered glider s on the East Field.
2. All planes flying on the West Runway must observe the same traffic traffic pattern which will be determined by the wind direction. ie. If the wind is from the South then all planes will take off and land in a sourtherly direction (INTO THE WIND). If there is no wind then the first pilot in the air determines the traffic direction and everyone else follows suit.
3. All pilots will fly from WITHIN the pilot box. There is more than enough room for four pilots at the same time.
4. All pilots will communicate verbally thier intentions, as per AMA guidelines. (I'm landing, I'm taking off, I'm walking out onto the runway to retrieve my plane, etc.) All communication will require an acknowledgement from other flyers. If there is no acknowledgement from the other flyers then repeat you intentions.
5. NO HIGH SPEED PASSES DOWN OUR RUNWAY
Low speed photo passes, or fly by's, are fine. Just make sure the runway is clear and that any other pilots that are flying are aware. All high speed low passes should be made no closer than the tree (bush) line that parallels the West side of our runway.
6. No flying over the Ramada, people and parked cars. This includes those flying on the glider side of the field
7. NO TAXIING to the EAST of the DAY GLOW PINK runway markers. You can roll powered up to that line and coast pass the pink markers, however, NO POWER after crossing that line.
8. THERE IS A FOUR HUNDRED FOOL CEILING SOUTH OFF THE RAMADA and DO NOT FLY over any of the our neighbor's houses or even their PROPERTY.
9. . Aerobatic flying over runway is permitted for light weight aircraft <2 lbs. but no closer than runway centerline.
10. ALL aircraft must have personal ID in or on the plane This is an AMA and an FAA regulation.
11. No spectators closer than 25 feet of edge of runway with the exception of spotters/trainers.
12. NO FLYING DIRECTLY TOWARD PEOPLE, RAMADA, PARKED CARS